Scholarly Communications Office Services
Services offered by the Scholarly Communications Office:
- Author Agreements & Book Contracts: Assistance with author agreements, including ensuring compliance with the NIH Public Access Policy for peer-reviewed articles resulting from NIH grant funded research.
- Copyright Issues: Assistance with questions on a variety of copyright issues, including fair use, classroom guidelines, and how to obtain permissions.
- Permissions: Assistance seeking copyright permissions for scholarly publications, including identifying copyrights holders, as well as obtaining copyright permissions, and the payment of any associated fees, for electronic reserve materials placed on ReservesDirect.
- Electronic Theses and Dissertations (ETDs): Assistance with copyright issues specifically pertaining to theses and dissertations, including permissions and using previously copyrighted materials in your thesis or dissertation.
- Office Hours: In addition to consultation via email and telephone, the Scholarly Communications Office will be hosting Office Hours during the Fall 2012 semester in DiSC for questions on copyright, academic publishing, authors rights, and/or open access. The weekly hours are as follows:
- Monday, 2-4pm
- Thursday, 9-11am
- Other days, By Appt
In addition, regular workshops on copyright for educational use and author’s rights are offered. Also, we will provide workshops tailored with a particular focus or topic upon request. For more information or to arrange a consultation, please contact the Scholarly Communications Office at email@example.com.
The Scholarly Communications Office provides information about copyright and scholarly communications. However, the office does not provide legal advice. For legal advice, please consult the Office of General Counsel. For questions about patents and the commercialization of intellectual property, please consult the Office of Technology Transfer.