The Security Desk is located on Level 2 of the Woodruff Library Building near the main entrance.
Contact Security at 404-727-2960 for...
- Safety Concerns
- Evening & weekend maintenance issues
- Locked doors and elevators
- Lost & Found
- Study room reservations
- A/C & heating issues in the stacks classrooms
|Police, Fire or EMS Emergency||911 or 404.727.6111|
|Emory Police Department||404.727.8005|
|Emory Emergency Medical Services (EMS)||404.727.0180|
|Environmental Health and Safety||404.727.5922|
|Facilities Management Services||404.727.7463|
|Office of Critical Event Preparedness and Response||404.712.1300|
|Weather hotline: School closing info||404.727.1234|
|Sexual Assault Prevention, Education and Response||404.727.1514|
- In the event of inclement weather, please check web.library.emory.edu for current information on hours, services, and access.
If You Should Discover a Fire
- Alert people in the area and immediately activate the fire alarm at the closest pull station.
- Call Library Security at 7-2960 to provide details of the fire location.
- Immediately exit the building.
During an Alarm
- Evacuate the building immediately by using the closest exit and
go to the “outside designated meeting location(s).”
- Never take the elevator during a fire. You may be trapped if the power goes out.
- Before opening any door, feel the handle and door with the back of your hand for heat. If the door is hot, do not try to open it. Find another route to evacuate the room or building.
- Leave quickly, closing unlocked doors as you go to contain fire and smoke.
- If you encounter smoke or flame during your escape, use another exit. Heat and smoke rise, so cleaner air will be near the floor. Get as low as possible to the floor and move toward the exit.
- Do not re-enter the building.
- If a tornado warning is issued for DeKalb County that may impact the Emory campus, outdoor sirens, emergency text messages to enrolled users, and Emory’s cable TV system will notify students, faculty and staff. An Emory community email may also be sent to your Emory email address and an announcement will be posted on Emory’s Emergency Announcement page at www.emory.edu/emergency.
- Library Security will inform staff and patrons by announcing the weather conditions over the emergency public address system.
- During a Tornado WARNING alert, staff and patrons should move to their designated “take cover” areas.