Research Data Librarian
Emory Center for Digital Scholarship
- MSI, Library and Information Services, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Mich.
- BA, Education, University of Arizona, Tuscon, Ariz.
Jennifer Doty is the Research Data Librarian in the Emory Center for Digital Scholarship, based in the Robert W. Woodruff Library at Emory University. She has a BA in Education from the University of Arizona, and a MSI in Library and Information Services with a Graduate Certificate in Spatial Analysis (GIS) from the University of Michigan.
Jen's role in the Emory Center for Digital Scholarship is to provide data management and curation support for Emory researchers. Prior to joining Emory, Jen served as the City & Regional Planning Librarian at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and was a founding member of the UNC Libraries’ Data Management Working Group. She brings several years of experience providing data services at major research institutions.
Jen is a member of the International Association for Social Science Information Services & Technology (IASSIST), and has presented at regional, national and international conferences on research data management topics, including the Association of Southeastern Research Libraries' Summertime Summit, the Research Data Access & Preservation Summit, and the IASSIST Annual Conference. She has lived, worked, and studied in California, Arizona, Texas, Michigan, and North Carolina, and spent three years as a research assistant at the University of Liverpool, England, which is where her interest in spatial analysis and its applications to historical research was first sparked.
- Doty, J., Herndon, J., Lyle, J., & Stephenson, L. (2014, August/September). Learning to Curate. Bulletin 40(6), 31-34. http://www.asis.org/Bulletin/Aug-14/
- Akers, K. G. & Doty, J. (2013). Disciplinary differences in faculty research data management practices and perspectives. International Journal of Digital Curation, 8(2), 5–26. http://dx.doi.org/10.2218/ijdc.v8i2.263
- Akers, K. G. & Doty, J. (2012). Differences among faculty ranks in views on research data management. IASSIST Quarterly, 36(2), 16-20. http://www.iassistdata.org/iq/issue/36/2
- Akers, K. G. & Doty, J. (2013). Emory University Research Data Management Faculty Survey, Emory Dataverse. http://hdl.handle.net/1902.29/11578