Emory University Libraries is pleased to announce that the Library’s Electronic Data Center (EDC) now provides access to AutoCAD Map 3D. The version that we have installed includes support for 3D and Geographic Information Systems (GIS). Core GIS technology is rapidly evolving to better integrate field collected data (i.e. GPS/Total Station), remote sensing (i.e. aerial/satellite imagery), and 3D data and graphics. Therefore, adding this capability to the EDC will enhance data interoperability and open new possibilities for both research and data visualization.
This resource is available to Emory faculty, staff, and students by appointment only. Please contact the Electronic Data Center for more information (http://edc.library.emory.edu). Training resources forthcoming.
Submitted by Michael Page, GIS Librarian, 4/7/2010
In the Blog
- The Extraordinary World of MARBL: Charles H. Herty Turpentine Cup
- Postcolonial Studies @ Emory
- A Beautifully Illustrated Book in the Seydel Collection
- The Extraordinary World of MARBL: Medical Formulas from the Reed Family
- New tech e-books:Safari Books Online
- The Extraordinary World of MARBL: Resurrection City Street Signs
- The Extraordinary World of MARBL: Ralph McGill's Paper Bag Letter
- Sisyphus: Patron Saint of the Stacks
- Cake Sprinkles, Cigarettes, Pasta, and Rusty Razor Blades: Preservation Challenges in MARBL
- The Extraordinary World of MARBL: Robert E. Lee's Socks