Download popular eBooks & audio books
Traveling for the holidays? Staying here, but tired of course work? What could be better than to download a POPULAR READING e-books or audio books free from the library?
You can browse the selection of almost 200 electronic books from the Emory Libraries site (http://overdrive.emory.edu)
find individual titles via our library search tool, discoverE.
The library offers access to a variety of fiction and non-fiction titles in many different formats (137 ebooks and 56 audio books). We are using the OverDrive distribution platform through which users of our library can download titles to Mac, Windows, or a variety of mobile devices (Kindle, ipad, iphone, MP3 player, etc.) In addition, many audio titles can be burned to CD.
You will need…
- A valid Emory NetID
- Internet access
- A computer or device that meets the system requirements for the type(s) of digital materials you wish to check out
- Free software for the computer or device on which you wish to use the materials available at this site
The site offers extensive HELP screens with screen by screen shots of how to install titles on all types of devices. Some people have reported difficulties, so please check-out the help videos, like how to install the Overdrive mobile app to your iphone and get content.
Step 1 - Download and install free software
To download Adobe eBooks, you need Adobe® Digital Editions
To download OverDrive titles, you need OverDrive Media Console™.
OverDrive Media Console is available for…
Android v1.5 (or newer)
BlackBerry v4.5 (or newer)
iPhone® OS v3.1.3 (or newer)
Mac OS® v10.4.9 (or newer)
Windows® 98 SE (or newer)
Windows Mobile® 5 and 6
Step 2 - Activate the software. After you have installed the software that you downloaded, you need to take steps to activate the software before downloading digital materials.
Step 3 - Check out, download, and enjoy! You can check out up to 2 titles at a time for 2 weeks each. Your Cart will hold up to 4 titles at a time, but if no action occurs they will be automatically removed from your Cart after 30 minutes so that other users can have the chance to check them out.
Finally, you can place holds on 4 check-out titles at one time. An email will alert you when a HOLD becomes available, and you will have 3 days to check out it out after the notification is sent.
Nov 14, 2012
In the Blog
- The Extraordinary World of MARBL: Tusks and Teeth
- The Extraordinary World of MARBL: Civil War Cannonballs
- The Extraordinary World of MARBL: Three Dimensional Poetry
- MARBL Launches Artists' Books Showcase
- The Extraordinary World of MARBL: The McCord Latin Prize Medal
- Announcing the Emory Center for Digital Scholarship
- Summer Reading EBooks and AudioBooks
- The Extraordinary World of MARBL: Charles H. Herty Turpentine Cup
- Postcolonial Studies @ Emory
- A Beautifully Illustrated Book in the Seydel Collection