Here are are few resources regarding the recent natural disaster near Honshu, Japan that occured on March 11th:
ESRI's Interactive Japan Incident Map which includes voluntered geographic information including photos and YouTube videos.
NY Times Satellite Photos of Japan, Before and After the Quake and Tsunami which presents pre - and post- images of several areas devastated by the event using imagery provided by GeoEye.
Further, the USGS's Earthquake Hazard Program posts a detailed report about the event.
For more information about the data sources and technologies used on these websites please contact the Electronic Data Center, Emory University Libraries.
In the Blog
- The Extraordinary World of MARBL: Charles H. Herty Turpentine Cup
- Postcolonial Studies @ Emory
- A Beautifully Illustrated Book in the Seydel Collection
- The Extraordinary World of MARBL: Medical Formulas from the Reed Family
- New tech e-books:Safari Books Online
- The Extraordinary World of MARBL: Resurrection City Street Signs
- The Extraordinary World of MARBL: Ralph McGill's Paper Bag Letter
- Sisyphus: Patron Saint of the Stacks
- Cake Sprinkles, Cigarettes, Pasta, and Rusty Razor Blades: Preservation Challenges in MARBL
- The Extraordinary World of MARBL: Robert E. Lee's Socks