Emory Libraries is pleased to roll-out a new option for POPULAR READING e-books and audio books for the Emory community.
From our personalized Emory Libraries site (http://overdrive.emory.edu) we offer access to a variety of fiction and non-fiction titles in many different formats. We are using the OverDrive distribution platform through which users of our library can download titles to Mac, Windows, or a variety of mobile devices (Kindle, ipad, iphone, MP3 player, etc.) You will need your Emory NetID and password to access this resource.
This ever-growing popular reading collection will include New York Times Best Seller titles and suggestions culled from circulation date on our print popular reading titles.
You will need…
- A valid Emory NetID
- Internet access
- A computer or device that meets the system requirements for the type(s) of digital materials you wish to check out
- Free software for the computer or device on which you wish to use the materials available at this site
The site offers extensive HELP screens with screen by screen shots of how to install titles on all types of devices.
Step 1 - Download and install free software
To download Adobe eBooks, you need Adobe® Digital Editions
To download OverDrive titles, you need OverDrive Media Console™.
OverDrive Media Console is available for…
- Android v1.5 (or newer)
- BlackBerry v4.5 (or newer)
- iPhone® OS v3.1.3 (or newer)
- Mac OS® v10.4.9 (or newer)
- Windows® 98 SE (or newer)
- Windows Mobile® 5 and 6
Step 2 - Activate the software After you have installed the software that you downloaded, you need to take steps to activate the software before downloading digital materials.
Step 3 - Check out, download, and enjoy You can check out up to 2 titles at a time for 2 weeks each. Your Cart will hold up to 4 titles at a time, but if no action occurs they will be automatically removed from your Cart after 30 minutes so that other users can have the chance to check them out.
Finally, you can place holds on 4 check-out titles at one time. An email will alert you when a HOLD becomes available, and you will have 3 days to check out it out after the notification is sent.
Click here now and start exploring your options…
- Search for digital materials using a variety of criteria on the advanced search page.
- Take digital materials with you on-the-go. Many audio titles can be burned to CD, and most audio titles can be transferred to supported portable devices.
- If you come across a title that you are interested in checking out, you can add it to your 'Wish List'.
- If a desired title is not available, you can place it on hold.
Kim Collins, July 30, 2012
In the Blog
- The Extraordinary World of MARBL: Charles H. Herty Turpentine Cup
- Postcolonial Studies @ Emory
- A Beautifully Illustrated Book in the Seydel Collection
- The Extraordinary World of MARBL: Medical Formulas from the Reed Family
- New tech e-books:Safari Books Online
- The Extraordinary World of MARBL: Resurrection City Street Signs
- The Extraordinary World of MARBL: Ralph McGill's Paper Bag Letter
- Sisyphus: Patron Saint of the Stacks
- Cake Sprinkles, Cigarettes, Pasta, and Rusty Razor Blades: Preservation Challenges in MARBL
- The Extraordinary World of MARBL: Robert E. Lee's Socks