In the mood for a raga at dawn? Bach at midnight? Jazz at sundown? Listen to streamed audio anytime with your free access to Music Online Listening, where you’ll find over half-a-million sound tracks from over 40,000 CDs. There’s a wide array of genres grouped into five distinct collections. Use the links below to explore each collection individually.
Popular vocal and instrumental music from the United States. Genres include R&B, country, folk, bluegrass, American Indian, blues, gospel, Latin, shape-note singing, Tejano, doo-wop, soul, and more.
Classical Music Library
Classical music from EMI, Gaudeamus, Hyperion, LSO Live, and Mode, Nimbus, Virgin Classics, and many other labels.
Contemporary World Music
Popular and traditional music from around the world.
Jazz Music Library
Jazz and blues recordings from dozens of labels including Verve, GRP Records, Fantasy, Concord Jazz, Impulse, and Jazzology.
Smithsonian Global Sound
Folk and traditional music from around the world, from Folkways, Smithsonian Folkways, and other labels.
You can create your own playlists or use existing ones. Listen to those tracks from your mobile device if you like. (Scroll over the track listings to see the phone icons.)
Bookmark the Libraries’ Online Listening page for quick links to all our streamed-audio packages.
In the Blog
- The Extraordinary World of MARBL: Tusks and Teeth
- The Extraordinary World of MARBL: Civil War Cannonballs
- The Extraordinary World of MARBL: Three Dimensional Poetry
- MARBL Launches Artists' Books Showcase
- The Extraordinary World of MARBL: The McCord Latin Prize Medal
- Announcing the Emory Center for Digital Scholarship
- Summer Reading EBooks and AudioBooks
- The Extraordinary World of MARBL: Charles H. Herty Turpentine Cup
- Postcolonial Studies @ Emory
- A Beautifully Illustrated Book in the Seydel Collection