A new and upgraded version of discoverE will go into production this week. Most of the interface elements and search features should look familiar to users of the previous version.
Benefits of the new interface include:
- More details on the Search Results page (location/call number, bib record, etc.) without having to leave the results page
- Log-in moved to upper right-hand corner and access to “My Account” enabled from every discoverE page
- Ability to pre-select databases for your search on the ARTICLES tab using a new “Find Databases" feature
Search Results Page
Find Databases Option
In the Articles tab, use the find databases link to pre-select a set of databases for your search
A window will open up offering options to search and filter
Later enhacements to discoverE will include the addition of Primo Central (forthcoming March 2011)-Primo Central provides an all-in-one tab search option with access to more (local and global) resources.
There will be more to come on discoverE, so stay tuned. Please feel free to send any comments to the Web and Public Interface Working Group (WEBPI-L@LISTSERV.CC.EMORY.EDU), or simply use the feedback module located on the discoverE homepage.
In the Blog
- The Extraordinary World of MARBL: Charles H. Herty Turpentine Cup
- Postcolonial Studies @ Emory
- A Beautifully Illustrated Book in the Seydel Collection
- The Extraordinary World of MARBL: Medical Formulas from the Reed Family
- New tech e-books:Safari Books Online
- The Extraordinary World of MARBL: Resurrection City Street Signs
- The Extraordinary World of MARBL: Ralph McGill's Paper Bag Letter
- Sisyphus: Patron Saint of the Stacks
- Cake Sprinkles, Cigarettes, Pasta, and Rusty Razor Blades: Preservation Challenges in MARBL
- The Extraordinary World of MARBL: Robert E. Lee's Socks