In July, the Emory University Libraries will be introducing software enhancements to Reserves Direct. These enhancements will better enable Emory's Faculty and Staff to comply with fair use and U.S. Copyright Law.
For Faculty who upload their own materials:
Required Fields: You will see more required fields when uploading items to your course, such as title, author, publication information, ISBN, and page ranges used.
Fair Use Alert: The system will alert you if your upload exceeds fair use. You will then be asked if the material is essential to your course, and if you would like the library to seek and pay for copyright permissions on your behalf.
As always, Faculty may submit their materials to the Reserves Staff to upload on their behalf. This process has not changed.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your reserves department:
Woodruff/General: email@example.com or 7-1777
Health: MEDREF@LISTSERV.CC.EMORY.EDU or 7-8727
Business: Marilyn_Pahr@bus.emory.edu or 7-3979
Theology: firstname.lastname@example.org or 7-5535
Oxford Library: email@example.com or 4-8380
In the Blog
- A Beautifully Illustrated Book in the Seydel Collection
- The Extraordinary World of MARBL: Medical Formulas from the Reed Family
- New tech e-books:Safari Books Online
- The Extraordinary World of MARBL: Resurrection City Street Signs
- The Extraordinary World of MARBL: Ralph McGill's Paper Bag Letter
- Sisyphus: Patron Saint of the Stacks
- Cake Sprinkles, Cigarettes, Pasta, and Rusty Razor Blades: Preservation Challenges in MARBL
- The Extraordinary World of MARBL: Robert E. Lee's Socks
- Poetry as Conversation: Recent Additions to the Anthony Hecht Papers
- Atlanta's Own: Sadye Harris Powell