Computer workstations within Woodruff Library now have access to the Lynda.com online training tutorials. This includes the workstations in the Learning Commons and in ECIT.
Lynda.com is an award-winning provider of educational materials and its online training library includes such subjects as Photoshop, Flash, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, Office, digital photography, Web design, digital video, Drupal, and many others. All of the tutorials include searchable closed captions.
Visit http://www.lynda.com/ to browse the catalog list of titles. Be sure to check back frequently because they are adding new content every week.
When you are ready to start training, log in at any of the computer workstations in Woodruff Library using this URL: iplogin.lynda.com.
We currently have access for 10 simultaneous users throughout the building so please be sure to only use the iplogin address when you are actively training.
How to log in:
- In your browser, navigate to iplogin.lynda.com.
- In the top right hand corner, you should see that you are currently logged in.
- Select a tutorial to watch using any of the four dropdown menus, the “search” function or the list of course titles.
- When you are taken to the table of contents for that course make sure that each segment of the course is underlined (underlining shows you have access to that segment. Some segments of each course are free to non-subscribers so the only way to verify full access is to make sure ALL the segments are underlined).
- Click on any segment and the tutorial should start in a popup window.
- You’re in. Watch, enjoy and learn!
- When you are finished with your training session please be sure to logout so that others can have access to the service.
In the Blog
- The Extraordinary World of MARBL: Charles H. Herty Turpentine Cup
- Postcolonial Studies @ Emory
- A Beautifully Illustrated Book in the Seydel Collection
- The Extraordinary World of MARBL: Medical Formulas from the Reed Family
- New tech e-books:Safari Books Online
- The Extraordinary World of MARBL: Resurrection City Street Signs
- The Extraordinary World of MARBL: Ralph McGill's Paper Bag Letter
- Sisyphus: Patron Saint of the Stacks
- Cake Sprinkles, Cigarettes, Pasta, and Rusty Razor Blades: Preservation Challenges in MARBL
- The Extraordinary World of MARBL: Robert E. Lee's Socks