Use discoverE to Recall a Checked Out Item: Sometimes during the research process you discover a particular title that you'd really like to have, so you enter it into discoverE and click Search, hoping to use it for your paper. You find the listing, but there's one big problem: Someone else already has the item checked out. We've prepared a video to show you how to recall that item so you can use it to complete your own assignment.
By Chris Pollette Want more help with discoverE?
Once you've logged in to discoverE with your Network ID and password, find the item in the catalog. Underneath the basic information for the item, you'll see a link to request the item. You'll have to pick a location to which you'll pick up the item you're requesting. Once you click the bright orange Request button, you've done all you need to do.
We've created the video below based on questions we get from library patrons about discoverE and how it works. If you have any feedback on discoverE, we'd like to hear from you. Please share your thoughts with us.
In the Blog
- Summer Reading EBooks and AudioBooks
- The Extraordinary World of MARBL: Charles H. Herty Turpentine Cup
- Postcolonial Studies @ Emory
- A Beautifully Illustrated Book in the Seydel Collection
- The Extraordinary World of MARBL: Medical Formulas from the Reed Family
- New tech e-books:Safari Books Online
- The Extraordinary World of MARBL: Resurrection City Street Signs
- The Extraordinary World of MARBL: Ralph McGill's Paper Bag Letter
- Sisyphus: Patron Saint of the Stacks
- Cake Sprinkles, Cigarettes, Pasta, and Rusty Razor Blades: Preservation Challenges in MARBL