Welcome New Students!
The Woodruff Library welcomes new students for the Fall semester! I was going to write in all of your names in the sentence above, but the College hasn't shared those with me yet. Sorry to be so impersonal.
We'll have a booth at the Orientation Fair on August 25 at WoodPec (where you go to build your pecs). Please come by our booth, grab some swag, and start your research -- just kidding. We know that's for the night before the paper is due.
One of the most frequently asked questions we get at the Orientation Fair is "are there student jobs at the library?" Yes, there are, and studies have shown that students employed at the library are happier and more popular than most college students (we have the research to prove it).
Woodruff Library will have a booth at the Federal Work Study jobs fair on August 28, held in the Dobbs University Center (DUC) from 8:30am - 2:00pm. We also have job postings in the Library Human Resources Office, room 315, Woodruff Library, and on the EagleOpps website.
Come on by and fill out an application. You too can work in the coolest building on campus AND when you are working here, we will actually call you by your name instead of "new student."
Looking forward to seeing you all on Monday August 27 at the Library Orientation Party from 12-2.
In the Blog
- A Beautifully Illustrated Book in the Seydel Collection
- The Extraordinary World of MARBL: Medical Formulas from the Reed Family
- New tech e-books:Safari Books Online
- The Extraordinary World of MARBL: Resurrection City Street Signs
- The Extraordinary World of MARBL: Ralph McGill's Paper Bag Letter
- Sisyphus: Patron Saint of the Stacks
- Cake Sprinkles, Cigarettes, Pasta, and Rusty Razor Blades: Preservation Challenges in MARBL
- The Extraordinary World of MARBL: Robert E. Lee's Socks
- Poetry as Conversation: Recent Additions to the Anthony Hecht Papers
- Atlanta's Own: Sadye Harris Powell