iPad and Nook Color Loans
Check out an iPad Version 1 or a Nook Color from the Music and Media Library!Music & Media Library circulation desk
Level 4 in the Woodruff Library Building
We currently offer iPads Version 1 and Nook Colors and their corresponding power adaptors and USB cords.
Please note the following policies about the program:
- iPads and Nook Colors are available on a first come, first serve basis. They cannot be held for patrons, reserved online or charged to a patron account ahead of the patron's arrival at the circulation desk.
- Emory University students must present their Emory Card to checkout an iPad or a Nook Color. Emory University faculty and staff must present their Emory Card or driver's license.
- iPads and Nook Colors check out for two weeks, with no renewals.
- Patrons must wait twenty four hours after returning either a Nook Color or iPad before checking out another one of the same type.
Example: After returning an iPad, patrons can check out a Nook, but will have to wait 24 hours for another iPad.
Overdue fines are $5.00 per day, with a $250 fine for any Nook Color and a $600 fine for any iPad that is lost, stolen, damaged beyond repair, or not returned.
If an item is brought back to the library incomplete (without the A/C adaptor, sync cable, cover or carrying case), the patron will be given an extra day to gather the missing pieces. If any pieces are lost, patron will be charged replacement costs.
If the Music & Media Library is closed, iPads and Nook Colors must be returned to the Security Desk on Level 2. The $5 per day overdue fine will accrue until the device is checked in the following morning.
Charges for damage will be assessed based on repair cost.
In order to download Barnes & Noble Nook content, you can deregister the Nook Color and register it to yourself rather than the Music & Media Library.
Nook Registration Instructions
- Please check discoverE for availability by searching the catalog for 'iPad' or 'Nook Color' and refine results by Marian K. Heilbrun Music & Media. Click on the Locations/Call Number tab to see due dates.