History of Teaching Medicine at Emory
Founded in 1854, Emory’s medical college is an institution that has progressed with technology and time. “History of Teaching Medicine at Emory” uses professor, department and student stories to illustrate the complex relationship between Emory’s medical school and that history. Examining everything from early studies of human anatomy to modern strides in the field of cardiology, this exhibition connects tomorrow’s progress to its foundational beginnings.
The exhibition is drawn from the Woodruff Health Sciences Center Library’s collections, including the Emory School of Medicine records, 1916–2016. On view are photographs, textbooks, medical instruments, and other memorabilia.
The Woodruff Health Sciences Center Library is located at 1462 Clifton Rd. in Atlanta, 30322. Parking is available in the Michael Street Parking Deck. (Weekdays: free after 6pm, Weekends: free).