Facilities and Computing
Forty-one workstations available for individual listening and viewing, with playback capability for:
- Digital all-region videodiscs (DVDs)
- BluRay DVDs
- 1/2 inch VHS and 3/4 inch videocassettes
- Videocassettes in PAL, SECAM, and other formats used outside the U.S.
- Laserdiscs (12-in. analog videodiscs)
- Video CDs (VCDs)
- Compact discs
- LP phonodiscs
- Emory Cable TV (available at 3 workstations)
- 16-MM films
The library’s Group Viewing Room features:
- 20 seats, 60-inch high definition plasma display, and surround-sound.
- Touch-screen remote-control for instructors.
- Playback capability for Blu-ray discs, DVDs (all regiond), VHS cassettes, video CDs, 16-MM films, audio CDs and SACDs. Ask about other formats.
- A data port for network or internet use.
Use of the room is limited to Emory classes. To ensure access for everyone, no single class may use the room more than six times per semester. Instructors may reserve the room by calling the library staff at (404) 727-1777.
Availale in Heilbrun Library:
- Wireless access to campus network
- PC and Mac Laptops and their corresponding power adaptors available for checkout
- Eight Learning Commons computers (Emory log-in required)
- Two EUCLID search stations
Group study rooms are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Individuals using a group study room may be asked to cede the room to a group. Users of the group study room containing the 16mm film viewer may be asked to cede the room to users of this machine.