Combined access to the 5 collections below, which can also be accessed independently:
- American Song
- Classical Music Library
- Contemporary World Music
- Jazz Music Library
- Smithsonian Global Sound
Classical music plus some jazz, world, and other genres. 40,000+ discs from 200+ labels.
Jazz from dozens of different labels. Please use the log out button to exit.
Questions? Comments? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kanopy Streaming: a rich collection of documentaries, independent films and world cinema. Highlights include the famed Criterion Collection/Janus Films and PBS. See this previous blog entry for more details.
- American History in Video: documentary films and newsreel footage in streaming video format, on topics relating to American history.
- World History in Video: a wide-ranging collection of critically acclaimed documentaries that allow students and researchers to explore human history from the earliest civilizations to the late twentieth century.
- Met Opera on Demand: Provides streaming video and audio of performances at the Metropolitan Opera House, including performances from the Live in HD series of movie-theater transmissions, broadcasts on public television (1977-2003), and radio broadcast performances dating back to 1936.
- Journal of Visualized Experiments (JoVE): Started in 2006, JoVE has produced over 5,500 videos demonstrating experiments from laboratories at top research institutions. Each video is accompanied by a peer-reviewed article.
- Medici.tv: Offers performances by well-known musicians, streamed live and subsequently available on demand for a limited time, as well as a corpus of permanently accessible videos (the “Catalogue”). Genres include concerts, opera, educational programs, master classes, competitions, artist portraits, and dance.
- Naxos Video Library: An extensive streaming library of over 2,700 videos, including mainly opera, classical music performances, ballet, and live concerts; also includes some theater and documentaries.