iPads are available for checkout from the Music and Media Library located on the 4th floor of Woodruff Library.We currently offer 4th generation iPads and their corresponding power adaptors and USB cords.
- iPads are available on a first come, first serve basis. They cannot be held for patrons, reserved online, or charged to a patron account ahead of the patron's arrival at the circulation desk.
- Emory University students must present their Emory Card to checkout an iPad. Emory University faculty and staff must present their Emory Card or driver's license.
- iPads check out for two weeks, with no renewals. Patrons can only check out one at a time.
- Patrons must wait twenty four hours after returning an iPad before checking out another.
- Each iPad is checked out with an accompanying accessory bundle. This bundle includes a protective carrying case, a USB power adaptor, and a lightning to USB cable.
- Overdue fines are $10.00 per day, with a $750 fine for any iPad that is lost, stolen, damaged beyond repair, or not returned.
- If an item is brought back to the library incomplete (without the adaptor, USB cable, or carrying case), the patron will be given an extra day to gather the missing pieces. If any pieces are lost, patron will be charged replacement costs.
- If the Music & Media Library is closed, iPads must be returned to the Security Desk on Level 2. The $10 per day overdue fine will accrue until the device is checked in the following morning.
- Charges for damage will be assessed based on repair cost.
- You may check discoverE for availability by searching the catalog for 'iPad' and refine results by Marian K. Heilbrun Music & Media. Click on the Locations/Call Number tab to see due dates.
- Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive
- YouTube, Netflix, Hulu+
- iHeartRadio for iPad, Pandora Radio, Spotify Music
- Google+, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn
- Kindle, Nook, iBooks
- Pages, Numbers, Keynote, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote
Other available apps
- Skype, iTunes U, Adobe Reader, Adobe Photoshop Express, Blackboard Mobile, Chrome, Citrix Receiver, F5 BIG-IP Edge Client, Google Translate, Emory Mobile, Emory Bubble
Can patrons modify the apps?
Yes. Patrons can log in with their own Apple info and whatever apps they have available on their own apple devices should be available on the iPad.
Can patrons plug the iPads into their computers and sync?
No. The iPads have remote management software that prevents them from being synced to any computers but the "home" computer in the Music and Media Library.
Can I link this iPad to my Apple iCloud account?
Yes, however, you should NOT enable the “find my iPhone/iPad” feature. The iPad will not correctly sync when returned and therefore will not be checked in from your account until the item is removed from that feature and from your account. This delay may result in overdue fines.