With the merging of Emory’s libraries and IT into Emory Libraries and Information Technology Services (LITS) two years ago, the Faculty Services name has changed recently to Teaching & Learning Technologies to better communicate the services available to Emory faculty.
“We wanted to name ourselves something more specific to what we really do and what we focus on, which is supporting faculty teaching and pedagogical in-classroom work,” says Lee Clontz, manager of Teaching & Learning Technologies.
The Teaching & Learning Technologies staff consists of four different groups:
• Learning Management continues to support faculty in the use of Blackboard and to administer that system, as well as assessing and supporting the Canvas pilot (see related story).
• Instructional Technology provides support in a variety of disciplines, including instructional technology and design, electronic publishing and web/social media.
• Academic Production focuses on video production, primarily for deployment on the Coursera platform, but also building best practices for academic video content on campus.
• Software Distribution focuses on the management of electronic software licensing distribution.
“We have faculty with a wide array of technology expertise. We have some who are experimental and want to do the latest and greatest thing, and really want to stretch technologically, so we want them to have people to talk to who are really smart about using technology in the classroom and can give them good advice,” Clontz says.
“We also have faculty who just need a place to easily curate their course materials and put up a syllabus and assignments, so we want to give this group the best tools that let them accomplish what they need to do and get the technology out of the way. We want to meet faculty where their needs are.”
Faculty who want to schedule an appointment with Teaching and Learning Technologies can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For media inquiries, contact:
- Elaine Justice
- Phone: 404-727-0643
- Email: email@example.com
- Holly Crenshaw
- Phone: 404-727-0211
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org