Why was my Interlibrary Loan request cancelled?
Though we will attempt to fill almost any request submitted, the following types of material often are difficult to obtain through interlibrary loan:
- Recently published items
- Textbooks, study guides and workbooks (note that we do not request textbooks for class use)
- Entire volumes or issues of periodicals, especially if less than 3 years old
- Reference works
- Rare books and original manuscripts
- Newspapers and other bulky materials in their original format
- Audiovisual materials and computer software
- Works of genealogy or heraldry
- Dissertations and theses from outside North America
You should not expect to obtain items listed in Emory libraries' catalogs unless they have been declared missing or lost by the appropriate circulation department.
Items that are charged out to another borrower should be recalled for your use unless the need is urgent.