Undergraduate Research Award: Essay Tips
An important part of your entry is the research essay, which will serve as evidence of your research process. The judges will use your essay to evaluate your use of library resources and collections. Some possible questions to consider when writing your essay might include:
- What did you learn about the process of doing research during the course of your work?
- What discoveries did you make through carefully planned research, and what through serendipity?
- How will what you learned researching this project inform your future research work?
- What did you learn about finding and evaluating sources?
- What new discoveries did you make about library tools and techniques?