Connect from Off Campus
The vast majority of Library resources can be accessed from off campus by connecting to them through Library webpages like Databases@Emory or Ejournals@Emory University Libraries. However, if you would like to access databases and other resources directly, there are a few options available.
- LibX has a very convenient proxy function and is very easy to use. It allows you to reload any webpage through Emory Librarys' proxy server. Please see the research guide for information about installation and capabilities.
- EzProxy is a convenient solution for creating off-campus accessible URLs. To access a URL through EzProxy, please use the prefix url "http://proxy.library.emory.edu/login?url=" , followed by the URL you wish to link.
Examples of EzProxy links:
Jstor (jstor.org): http://proxy.library.emory.edu/login?url=http://www.jstor.org
Tim Otto Roth. and Andreas Haungs. "Cosmic Revelation." Leonardo 42.3 (2009): 288-289. Accessed through Project Muse (muse.jhu.edu) http://proxy.library.emory.edu/login?url=http://muse.jhu.edu/journals/leonardo/v042/42.3.roth.html
Note: You do not need to add an EzProxy link to any websites that are freely available on the Internet. In fact, linking to free resources through the EzProxy server will prevent users from reaching these websites from off campus.
- OpenURL Generator: Emory Librarys has an OpenURL Generator to help instructors and students generate off-campus accessible URLs to ejournal articles. The OpenURL Generator is prefereble to ezproxy, because it automatically searches all Emory resourecs in order to provide multiple access options.
- VPN Proxy: Emory's Virtual Private Network Proxy (VPN Proxy) provides off-campus users with secure access to the Emory University's internal network. Emory VPN access uses a web browser to establish the remote access connection. It secures traffic by encrypting communications.
Access: Requires a network ID and password.
Note: The VPN Proxy cannot be accessed from on campus and is not compatible with the Google Chrome browser or any 64-bit browsers. Even if you use the VPN Proxy, you will still need to connect to library resources by using either EZProxy or by linking through the library website.
Access URL: https://vpnproxy.emory.edu
Problems? Check out our VPN Troubleshooting Guide.
Questions: Call the IT Service Desk at 404-727-7777 (Emory University employees and students) or 404-778-4357 (Emory Healthcare employees).
Appropriate use: Emory University licensed resources are only for the educational use of current Emory University students, faculty, and staff, subject to the terms of the individual contracts and contract law. Use for commercial purposes or systematic downloading, printing, saving, or distribution (in any format) of substantial portions of any of these resources is prohibited.
Group Viewing Room
The library’s Group Viewing Room features:
- 20 seats, 60-inch high definition plasma display, and surround-sound.
- Touch-screen remote-control for instructors.
- Playback capability for Blu-ray discs, DVDs (all regiond), VHS cassettes, video CDs, 16-MM films, audio CDs and SACDs. Ask about other formats.
- A data port for network or internet use.
Use of the room is limited to Emory classes. To ensure access for everyone, no single class may use the room more than six times per semester. Instructors may reserve the room by calling the library staff at (404) 727-1777.
Computing and Technology
Availale in Heilbrun Library: