Woodruff Library Learning Commons
Woodruff Library Learning Commons combines technological resources and support services in an accessible, welcoming environment for learning and research. The Learning Commons provides
- 139 Mac desktop computers and 27 Macbook Pro laptos;
- 19 PC desktop computers and 16 PC laptops;
- 8 HP LaserJet black and white printers;
- 6 HP Multifunctional Printers (BizHubs) for printing (all), photocopying (all), scanning (all), and faxing (the middle BizHub on Level 2). All operations can be done in both black and white and color;
- 5 microfilm/microfiche reader stations able to print and scan.
Important Information for Learning Commons Users
Trouble Logging on to a Computer
If you are having trouble logging on, try synchronizing your Emory NetID login and password at Emory Network IDentity (ENID) page. Those users who are affiliated with Emory University, but do not have an Emory Net ID, can receive assistance with computer access at one of the Library help desks.
Saving Your Work
Learning Commons workstations are configured for public use. Therefore, it is absolutely crucial that you save your work to an external media source (USB drive, external HD, etc.) or to a personal space on the web before you log out. Learning Commons Macs delete personal user files at logout, whereas Learning Commons PCs delete personal user files at reboot. So saving your work to your own media/online storage is necessary to make sure your files are preserved.
Also, before you sart working on a file, please save it to a known location, such as the Desktop or My Documents folder. E.g., if you are working on a Word document attached to an e-mail message, save the document to a known location on the computer's hard drive before you edit the document. This is a good way to make sure that your modifications to the document will not be lost.
Alex Kyrychenko, Ph.D.
Learning Commons Coordinator