Viewing and Listening
Forty-one workstations available for individual listening and viewing, with playback capability for:
- Digital all-region videodiscs (DVDs)
- BluRay DVDs
- 1/2 inch VHS and 3/4 inch videocassettes
- Videocassettes in PAL, SECAM, and other formats used outside the U.S.
- Laserdiscs (12-in. analog videodiscs)
- Video CDs (VCDs)
- Compact discs
- LP phonodiscs
- Emory Cable TV (available at 3 workstations)
- 16-MM films
Group Viewing Room
The library’s Group Viewing Room features:
- 20 seats, 60-inch high definition plasma display, and surround-sound.
- Touch-screen remote-control for instructors.
- Playback capability for Blu-ray discs, DVDs (all region), VHS cassettes, video CDs, 16-MM films, audio CDs and SACDs. Ask about other formats.
- A data port for network or internet use.
Use of the room is limited to Emory classes. To ensure access for everyone, no single class may use the room more than six times per semester. Instructors may reserve the room by calling the library staff at (404) 727-1777.
Computing and Technology
Availale in Heilbrun Library:
- Wireless access to campus network
- PC and Mac Laptops and their corresponding power adaptors available for checkout
- Eight Learning Commons computers (Emory log-in required)
- Two DiscoverE search stations
Current Emory students, faculty and staff can use the Learning Commons computers located in the Music & Media Library during business hours.
Sibelius Music Notation Software
Sibelius is an advanced music notation software program, which also allows score playback with high quality samples of real instruments.
More information on Sibelius can be found here.